18.3.10

Back in December I purchased tickets for Joanna Newsom in Montreal for my sister's birthday present. After all the chaos in January and February I nearly decided not to go, but at the last minute I managed to pull myself together for a brief but very fun mini vacation. 

I flew to Toronto a few days before the show so I could see some of my very favorite people, then took a bus to Montreal to meet up with my sister.

Some photos;

Absolute love of my life, Brittany Holik.

 Jaime; My wifey, Brittany and I. Drinking Stella, Strawberry Fruli and snacking on fruit, sugar donuts and popcorn! P.S. Brittany has the most beautiful condo I have ever seen. Jealous.

 Jaime laughing at something, I was far too drunk to remember. Maybe something to do with Brittany's cat Ivy in the background.

 Ivy is kind of a slut.

 Sian also came to our little party! I love this girl, so so so much. 

Bradford, Sian and Brittany
This is what it has come to. Chatroulette parties!! To be fair, it was miserable outside. We spent a good 5 hours on Chatroulette, even made a few new friends! Also sang David Bowie to unsuspecting strangers.

 Sian and Bradford annouced their departure well into the early ours of the morning. I was a sad girl.

Please don't go! I'll eat you up, I love you so!!
I forgot about the time change. It was 4 am, then suddenly it was actually 5 am! And I had to catch a bus in an hour. I had two options, try to sober up or continue to drink. I chose to keep the party going. The secret to traveling is to teleport. I passed out as soon as I got a seat on the bus, so a 7 hour bus ride was only a blink in time for me.

First morning in Montreal, went to a place called Crepes to Go. Sooo good.
Leah's Crepe and smoothie! We all discovered that Crepes are the most satisfying thing to eat after a long night of drinking.

My sister and I tend to order the exact same things. Une oeuf et fromage crepe.

The Opus Hotel on Rue Sherbrooke and Saint Laurent. My sister made herself at home very quickly.

 I have an obsession with boutique hotels. Another little travel secret of mine. The Opus came equip with fashion magazines, luxury brand toiletries and gorgeous lighting and accessories.

The view from our room.

We couldn't help ourselves, another crepe before Joanna Newsom was in order.

Finally, the very reason I exist. Joanna Newsom. I could say so much, but I will save it for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment